Frequently Asked Questions
Date, Location, Times
What is the date?
Saturday, March 14 – Sunday, March 15, 2020
Where is the event?
Viera Regional Park, Viera, FL (2300 Judge Fran Jamieson Way, Melbourne, FL 32940)
When does it start?
Noble Knight 5K: Saturday, March 14 at 5:00 pm
10 Miler & Relay: Sunday, March 15 at 7:30 am
Dragon Slayer 2 Miler: Sunday, March 15 at 10:30 am
Are there age minimums?
For the 10 Miler, our general suggestion is a minimum of 13 years of age with at least 1 year of experience running. All registration under 18 requires a parent/guardian signature. For the 5 mile relay, our general suggestion is minimum of 10 years of age with at least 1 year of experience running. A request for an exception can be made to the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ideas for Information to include (but not limited to) Will a parent or adult be with the child/ children at all times?
- Will the child be running or walking the event?
- If either of these children have participated in similar length distances (half marathon, 10 miler or 10K)? If so, please submit which race and their finishing times
- Training experience in number of years
These are general questions that can help the race director consider the request in regards to safety at the event.
How do I know if I’m registered? I didn’t get a confirmation email. Am I signed up?
When registering you should have received a confirmation email. Sometimes system generated emails can be blocked depending on your email settings. Please add info@excaliburruncom to your safe sender list and to your contacts to avoid emails from the race going to your SPAM folder. You can also confirm your entry by visiting: Race entry confirmation By clicking on the link and searching for your name.
Excalibur Distance Festival
What is the Excalibur Distance Festival?
Instead of a multi-year series we will be doing a weekend challenge in 2020. You will be able to choose between 4 different challenges or register for an individual event.
What are the Challenges?
Are runners allowed to wear iPods or Headsets?
The course is open to local residents and for safety we ask participants not to wear headphones. This is extremely important as volunteers may be trying to give you information, but you may not be able to hear them. If you must wear headphones, please be sure to have one out of your ears at all times.
What do the finisher medals look like?
Do both relay team participants get a medal?
YES! If you compete in the relay both team members get a finisher medal!
Is there a military discount?
We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Excalibur 10 miler. We offer deferment to military members that receive orders and are not able to make the event in case of deployment. We sincerely appreciate your service.
Can I pick up my packet race day?
Packet Pick up Schedule: Week of the Race: at Race Headquarters Running Zone: 3696 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32935 T-F 10 am -6:30 pm; Sat 10 am – 12 pm. for all events.
3:30pm- 5k packet pick up at the race site FOR ALL EVENTS.
SUNDAY: Packet pick up starts at 6:00am at the race site
Can someone else pick up my packet?
Yes! Someone else can pick up your packet as long as you have given them your permission.
What do I get as a participant of the race?
There are lots of participant perks! Here’s some highlights:
- Official Race ‘Armor’ Technical Shirt or shirts depending on your challenge
- Virtual Race Bag with offers and goodies from our sponsors and partners emailed to you race week
- Pace Teams available to help you reach your goal!
- Official Timed run through lands of Viera by Running Zone Race Management
- Post Race Feast with from local food vendors!
- Legendary finisher medals
- Age group and overall awards
- Volunteers and staff in medieval costumes
- Best Camelot Costume Contest after each event
Deferrals / Refunds / Transfers?
- We are racers and runners just like you and are sorry to hear of injuries, unexpected circumstances, and work schedule changes. We understand your request; however; there are no refunds, deferrals, or transfer of entries to other individuals. All items related to your participation in the race including number, shirt, medal, on course support and other items are paid in full.
- You will receive your virtual race packet via email if you provided an email during registration.
- Medals are reserved for finishers only.
I noticed that you don’t offer refunds or transfers, why is this?
We have created this event policy based on operational necessities (inventory levels, product shipment, registration data, and more factors) as well as protecting our participants from liability implications and keeping them safe.
Event Cancellation Policy
- In the case of lightning, severe rain, wind or any other condition that affects the potential safety of the participants, spectators and volunteers, the event may be delayed and all participants will be asked to proceed to safety. The event will start if the weather clears (in the case of severe weather). In the case of light rain, the event will continue until safety becomes an issue.
- In the event unusual conditions necessitate the curtailment or cancellation of the event for the safety of participants, the Race Director shall have absolute authority to make changes in order to best serve the interests and safety of the participants of the event. In case of extreme weather, the race director shall determine if and when the event shall cease, resume or be cancelled. No refunds will be issued if the event is cancelled.
- All Participants are expected to behave as Lords and Ladies. Any dishonorable conduct will result in an hour in the stockades before exile from the kingdom. Chivalry is not dead.
How do I join a relay team?
When registering you can sign up as an individual as a relay team participant. You must reference the name of your teammate when registering.
Can I switch to the relay? Do I need to tell someone? How can I switch?
If you wish to join a relay team, you can do so but will need to be re-assigned a different number as well as coordinate with a team member. Please email email@example.com to request switching to the relay.
Is there a time limit on the course?
3 hour time limit for the 10 miler & relay (course closes at 10:30 am)
45 minute limit for the Dragon Slayer 2 Miler (course closes at 11:15 am)
Race Site closes at 12:00 pm
Have you considered adding any kind of virtual event?
We have considered, but do not offer a virtual race.
Wheel Chair/Hand Cyclists
Is there a wheel chair/hand cycle division?
Unfortunately the course is not entirely paved and is on dirt road for over 2 miles. If you still wish to participate, please email us to discuss registration at firstname.lastname@example.org
Excalibur Distance Festival Policies and Rules of Conduct & Competition
Please visit the link below for a complete listing of the Excalibur Distance Festival’s Policies and Rules of Conduct and Competition